We aim to cater for all our members:
- Developing individual players: from novice to regional league, from juniors to over-50s.
- Developing our teams (especially when a match or event is approaching).
- Indoor in winter, outdoor grass and sand in summer.
- Competing in leagues, knock-out cups and tournaments.
From September to April we have a three-hour indoor session every Sunday evening, 7-10pm.
Our Sunday session is used for home Wiltshire League matches on approximately 7 dates each season. On match days, supporters and helpers are always welcome, as we need to provide referees, scorers and line judges.
Most weeks we use our Sunday session for training, as listed in the schedule below:
- Men – all men train together including able juniors age 14-18 years.
- Women – all women, both teams, including able juniors age 14-18 (sometimes our SWL team trains alone).
- Junior girls and boys, age 9-14 years (younger or older juniors may participate in this session, depending on their ability, by agreement with the coach).
Novices may develop alongside the juniors or senior teams until they are ready to join a team.
Sometimes our Sunday session is open to all members (women, men and able juniors) to mix and play together for fun, so please do participate in these open sessions.
The schedule may often change, as new match dates are notified or re-arranged. A blank in the schedule does not mean there is no volleyball – just that we haven’t decided yet. Please keep an eye on the club website for up-to-date information.
Alternative indoor venues
Because we can’t fit in all our groups every Sunday (our regular venue has only one volleyball court):
- Our women’s teams play home matches at another venue (near Devizes).
- We sometimes arrange extra team training sessions at other venues.
Ideally we would like to have a session for every group every week, but this depends on the number of players plus availability and affordability of alternative venues.